A New Week - A New $10 Goal!

Okay, week two here and so far, so questionable... Ran out of milk, so that meant a $3.00 purchase today, which means there's only $7 left for groceries to get through the rest of the week... time to get super creative!

On the bright side, I found I had a reserve toilet paper stash, so I can cross that off my list for the week... and I'm putting all those paper bags from the grocery store I've accumulated this year to good use, by subbing them out for our normal garbage bags. This does mean the garbage can fills more quickly, but hey... this little frugal experiment is keeping much-needed dollars in our bank account.

Makes me want to continue on another week... maybe not with such a low limit, but thinking a $25 might be do-able.

Have you been inspired to try a super low budget grocery store week yet? If so, please share the details- I'd love to hear how you are doing!

Other ideas I've implemented this week are cutting my detergent levels and dryer sheets in half... amazingly (or not so amazingly, this is a long time frugal living habit that many practice) my laundry is just as clean, fresh, and static free as it normally is.

I used to think that habit was a little over-board, but when you add it up (especially with my family of five) that's equal to a $10 savings a month, or $120 a year back in my pocket with no more sacrifice than taking the time to cut a few dryer sheets in half. Cool beanies!

I'll be back tomorrow with a new report and new ideas too. :)

In the meantime, feel free to pop on over to my MOMdotCOM.net board for a helpful article on enjoying fresh produce all year plus oodles of new freebies too!

Hugs,
Barb

1 comment:

Renee Barnes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.