Quest for $10 or Less Shopping- Day 3

I spent zero dollars on 55 Prints from CVS today- woo woo! Thanks to a deal I found on fatwallet.com, I believe. (Love that website!)

The biggest thing I'm craving right now is diet soda, but I'm refusing to budge on my $10 or less goal at the grocery store this week. I have to purchase lettuce in the next day or two for tacos... but am borrowing a few tomatoes from my neighbor as mine are still green.

Dinner tonight was potato soup and beer bread (yum! recipe for bread below.) Which used up one of the two bottles of Bud left in the fridge from when one of our relatives came for a visit. :) Breakfast was whole grain waffles and still using up that lunchmeat for lunch.

Are you inspired to do a $10 Shopping week, yet? If you are, let me know - I'd love to share the journey with you!

WHOLE WHEAT BEER BREAD RECIPE

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (if you don't wish to make the whole wheat version, just double the all-purpose flour to 3 cups and skip the whole wheat flour.)
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Pour in beer, stir until a stiff batter is formed. It may be necessary to mix dough with your hands. Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.

.

No comments: